Monday, May 16, 2011

FACE OFF : Missha BB Balm Pact vs. Etude House Collagen Balm

I am a makeup noob, I have used pact foundation powders before like a big slap on my face and dont even care if my face color matches my neck (lol). Then suddenly, Ive met a friend who introduced me to BB creams/Blemish Balm. I dont think I need to explain what BB cream is because that's google's job, and hey, its like two years ago when BB fever have started.
The first BB cream Ive tried is Etude House's Precious Mineral BB Cream, I dont have it with me anymore. I gave it to a friend when I met my Bff Missha hehe. But I am too lazy to give my friend a review because there are lots of them around so I think you dont need it? kidding. lol. I just dont wanna give it a review this time because I wanna talk a lot about that and I dont have swatch pics again so I am sorry. Forgive thy laziness.
Back to topic, Ive got Etude House Collagen Balm first (Orange Pact). I think i bought it around November because I am itching to try a new product (even though I still have my Missha Perfect Cover I received as a gift from my very loving poging(good looking) boyfriend last Oct which up to date I still have!). It was not really what I am eying for at that moment, I was looking for their Magic BB Balm (the one in a purple tub) but to my horror, it was out of stock X(. But the SA was such a smooth talker and she have forced/convinced me to get the EHCB instead (because the name is too long I have to abbreviate sorry).
ON THE RIGHT CORNER:
Etude House Collagen BB Balm
- Weighing 12g(0.42oz), with white swirl moisture cream. Promises to supply collagen for stronger derma integrity and promote useful skin.
Ive got the lightest shade and it matches like a dream (#1 light beige)
Pros:
> Moisturizing.
> Has a very faint scent, smells like plastic but really very very little.
> Has an extra SPONGE! (even though I dont use it, its still an extra!)
> Doesnt set into fine lines.
> Does not CAKE!
> Lightweight feels like 2nd layer of skin, only flawless! (I dont have major facial problems, some dark blemishes and just redness around the nose)
> Cute Orange packaging! but mine already have scratches sob X(
> SPF 36
> the balm looks pretty with white swirlssssssss but when you start using it, blaaaah its gone.
> Locally available! Yay!
Cons:
> Staying power is SO-SO
> Tends to become oily after 3 hrs.
> Doesnt cover dark circles
> As usual 2 shades, like what most korean makeup bases have.
> White cast, under flashed photos, like most BB creams.
PRICE: 700+ (forgot the exact sorry), roughly 18USD
Overall: 4/5
Will repurchase: No, nothing can ever take Missha PC's place in my heart (or maybe because the first one Ive had is from my BF? lol)
ON THE LEFT CORNER
Missha M Cover BB Balm Pact
- Weighing 20g! Against Animal testing! This Balm covers dark spots to even out dark spots naturally (wth? why do they have to put the word naturally when you have to use this to hide spots lol! should have been, will even out skin tone by helping blemishes fade with regular use. I dont know maybe I am stupid lol!) Promises to leave soft and moisturizing afterfeel. With Red berry complex with powerful anti-oxidantation property to avoid OXIDATION and moist. Keep skin 24 HR moisturized(lie).
The one I got is 2nd to the lightest.
(13 lightest beige, 21 light beige, 23 natural beige, I forgot the dark beige if its 30)
Pros:
> Moisturizing.
> Love the scent! It has a light floral scent but you wont notice it when applied on face (unless your nose could walk around your face and sniff hard)
> Lightweight feels like 2nd layer of skin, only flawless! (I dont have major facial problems, some dark blemishes and just redness around the nose)
>LOVELY LOVELY GORGEOUS packaging!
> SPF 50
> A little goes a long way!
> Not as oily as Missha Perfect Cover.
> Good staying power! Stayed on me for 6-8 hrs (in an air conditioned surrounding)
Cons:
> Doesnt cover dark circles
> Sets on fine lines.
> Too white on me. Be careful when buying this, its lighter than MPC. Should have gotten 23 instead pft.
> As usual limited shades (I believe they already have 4 shades now), like what most Korean makeup bases have.
> White cast, under flashed photos, like most BB creams.
> Expensive! Almost as costly as a MAC blush.
> Not locally available. Bought it from Charm.
PRICE: 1200+ php (forgot the exact sorry), roughly 25USD (I got mine on sale 875 php)
Overall: 3/5
Will repurchase: No, its really not my cup of tea whateverrrrrr. I am even thinking of selling it but I just cant let go of the gorgeous packaging. SOB.
Comparison Photos:
If I were to choose, Id rather have the Etude House one because of the color match and Missha have worse white cast. Ahhhh. This post is too long I am already having a headache!
If I were you, which one is for keeps and which one would you rather sell?
*UPDATE*
Swatches here they come :)
Missha / Etude
Notice the white cast. Missha HAVE WAY WORSE white cast than Etude
without flash

2 comments:

Dee said...

Despite the cute packaging, I'd rather sell the Missha one and keep the Etude one. The Missha seems difficult to work with eh. XD

Maybe you could switch the pans around so the Etude can have the prettier compact? haha

Pammy said...

Missha has quite a catchy packaging but it scored a point lower than the Etude one so if I were to sell just one between the two, Missha gets the boot. :P